Saturday, July 2, 2011

2 Weeks or 14 Days or 350 hours

As you can by the new addition on the right I am getting to the point where I am so excited about the upcoming day that I can barely concentrate on anything else.

All of the final details are coming together nicely, well at least they seem to be for me. You'll have to ask Ian for his perspective on things because he is the one taking care of what I consider to be the more challenging aspects of the wedding. He's such a wonderful groom!

There are so many things that I want to blog about but can't. Things like my dress, the music, the decor, and so on I want to be surprises for those who are coming so I will have to keep my lips sealed for another 14 days. Rest assured there are many photos being taken so that eventually I can blog about these things.

One of the things that I should be concentrating on and am having trouble with is my new found employment. That's right I have joined the workforce once again and am currently training to be a financial planner with Freedom 55 Financial. This means taking licensing exams and studying my brains out to make sure that I pass said exams. About a week ago I managed to get through round 1 which was my life insurance license. If you really want to know I can pretty much tell you what type of life insurance or retirement planning is right for you based on... well... I could go into it but I don't want to induce comas. Long story short is that I am currently supposed to be studying for my mutual funds licensing exam which is scheduled for Tuesday evening (well if I'm being really honest I should be sleeping because it's 12:30 am but shhhh). But I'm not, I'm blogging.

One of the things that has also kept me very busy is packing. See one of the things I am required to do for my new job is go to training in Surrey for the week and half prior to my wedding. This worked out fairly well logistics wise but it also means I need to pack up my entire life and bring it to the mainland with me on Tuesday night after I write my mutual funds licensing exam. This is why I've been gathering things in a giant pile decorating my living room and making one massive packing list. I can't forget anything! I will not be coming home again as a "Miss", so if anything gets forgotten, then tough! This would be a problem with things like our wedding rings or the marriage license (which funnily enough are the top two things on said packing checklist).

Here is an idea of how much STUFF is coming with me. Please bear in mind that I am trying (key word here is trying) to be conservative with the packing and this is roughly 1/3 of what is going to be in the final pack job. Oh boy...


Yes I am aware there are lots of shoes, they are indeed necessary. Also the bbq that you are seeing is actually outside on the deck, it is NOT coming with me :)

14 days!

No comments:

Post a Comment