Monday, February 20, 2012

My Hubby Turns 25

This coming Tuesday Ian is set to turn 25 however due to work commitments we decided to celebrate this past weekend. Ian's parents made the trip over to help with the celebrations and we were both really excited.

The plan was to spend some time downtown, go for dinner then come back to our apartment for cake and presents. Thursday night I was out for a coffee with a friend when I started feeling kind of... odd. By the time I got home that night I was certain, I was sick. Very unhappy I went to bed and got up the next day feeling worse. After a long day of meetings and work I was ready for bed and got a good nights sleep, 13 hours of it to be exact.

The next day Ian took pity on me and let me stay home to sleep some more while he hit the town with his parents. Rumour has it they enjoyed downtown, oak bay, Cafe Mexico and our favourite bakery, Origins. Anyone not in the know, Origins is a completely Gluten Free bakery with seriously yummy sandwiches, cakes and bread.

 Ian arrived home around 4pm to tell me that the plan for the evening had changed, he wanted to do a progressive dinner. I wasn't familiar so he told me that a progressive dinner was one that you eat each part of the meal at a different restaurant. Our evening worked out like this:
  • Appetizer: Noodle Box 
    • Ian and Rick: Green Curry 
    • Jen and Carla: Thai Stir Fry 
  • Main: Jackalope Bistro (Best Burgers in Town!)
    • Ian and Jen: Hawaiian Burger
    • Carla: Classic Burger
    • Rick: Mushroom Burger
  • Desert: West Coast Waffles
    • Ian: Cinnamon Icing Sugar
    • Jen: Yummy Gummy
    • Carla and Rick: Peach, Blackberry

My waffle with the gummy worms - it was AWESOME!


Proud Parents
My with the birthday boy
 It was a lot of food, but a seriously fun night. We were all very thankful for the time that it took to walk from one restaurant to the next as it allowed for at least a little digestion before we tackled the next course. Since we had all eaten roughly our own body weights in food the last thing we wanted was cake, so the plan there changed. We opted to head to Ian's parents hotel room to open some presents. Ian got some great things including a book on the Caribeean Islands (potential, and likely honeymoon location) along with some scuba gear.


There were two gifts that I absoutely LOVED and I couldn't decide which to tell you about so I decided to show you both: A water bottle from Grama that was "cookie monster blue" with googly eyes and says "Me So Thirsty" on the side A pair of "Lego" cufflinks from his parents. Both are VERY Ian, trust me :)



Even though I was sick sick sick it was a great weekend, Ian told me tongiht that he had a great birthday, which was music to me ears. Especially since I have one last surprise up my sleeve for later this week.

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely love doing that for dinners!! We do it sometimes with my dad and it's so much fun! I need to go to that waffle place, it looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice pics, Jen. Glad you guys had a good weekend, hope you're feeling better. I'm on day 3 of being in bed!

      Delete