Monday, February 28, 2011

Lucky #7

Seven has become a fairly important number to me.

When we first moved to Victoria I was determined to make it work here and part of that was finding a community that I could be a part of, the first place I looked for that was softball. Trusty Google lead me to a the website for Victoria Women's Fastball and I took a chance sending an "I want to play" email to a generic league address and crossed my fingers. A few days later I was put in touch with a coach and from that point forward I was a member of Team Storm.

At the first practice it was discovered that I was Jen #3 on the team and that could get confusing. A few nick-names got tossed around but I won't mention these because they are rather embarrassing.

Fast-forward to the practice where I got my uniform. By pure luck I was assigned the #7 - which at that point meant a whole lot of nothing to me.

Fast-forward a couple more weeks to a team bonding event where I got dubbed Jen-7, there is a story there but it's long and it's one of those "you had to be there". Jen-7 eventually morphed into Seven and that's who I became.

Now what does this have to do with Ian and I? I'm getting to that, be patient.

Now that I have given you a rather detailed look into the past twelve months of my life I will get to my point. You didn't think I had one did you?

Today is another #7 for Ian and I. Not only is it our 7 year (yes it really has been 7 years) anniversary, but it is the last time we will celebrate our anniversary on this date. I thought Ian had forgotten because last night after arriving home from a week on the mainland he feigned ignorance when I asked him if he knew what today was. Then this morning I was told that we will be attending the Sarah McLaughlin concert here in Victoria tomorrow night. The stinker!

So like I said #7 is pretty big in my life and it feels very fitting that the last "dating" anniversary be our 7th.

No comments:

Post a Comment