Friday, May 13, 2011

i have a cake!

So since the cake catastrophe a couple months ago where our "Cake Designer" bailed on us, a lot of progress has been made in this department.

I actually have a cake now!

I spent one morning emailing no less than 15 different bakers and waited patiently (ok, not so patiently) for responses. I got a few right away that said that they were not set up for gluten free... awesome. And a couple more responses that said they were not available... FANTASTIC!

Then there was a light: Cake Eaters!!

I got an email back saying that she could do our recipe and was available, so far so good. I emailed back and gave a few more details and asked for a quote. Within the next 20 minutes I got another response from her saying that she could do my cake for 1/2 the price that I was quoted from the "Cake Designer". At this point I did a happy dance and tentatively reserved her until I could get to the mainland for a consultation.

A couple weeks later I went to visit the lovely Wendy to hash out the details and set down a deposit. I brought my parents with me so that I had someone to sample the "normal" cake that will make up the bulk of my cake. In case you are wondering, the top layer of our cake will be Jen and Ian friendly cake and the other two tiers will be normal people cake to save on a bit of money because our ingredients are so expensive. SO, the flavours were chosen and the design was decided and two cheques were written and drumroll please.... I HAVE A CAKE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment