Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Our Pre-Wedding Vacation

A few months ago Ian decided that we desperately needed a vacation and he really wanted to celebrate that I managed to finish my degree. So he put forward the idea of me (or us) going to Vegas for a few days. At first the idea was that I should go with a girlfriend or two to save on costs but within a few hours he had decided that he wanted to go. So that was that. We couldn't really afford the trip (up coming wedding and all) but we thought - what the heck? Who needs money anyway?

A few emails with his work travel agent later we were booked and excited.

We left on Friday May 6 after Ian got off work and flew through Seattle to arrive in Las Vegas around 11pm. We were tired - very tired but so excited to be there. Neither of us had ever ventured to Sin City before and we were so astounded at the size of everything there. Well at least I was.

We arrived at our hotel (The Luxor) and checked in without too much issue. The room we decided was ok - nothing to write home about. We would soon figure out that this was not a big deal because the total number hours spent in our room was very small.

The next morning I got up early, excited to be there and headed down to the pool for some sun and trashy magazines (my not-so-secret guilty pleasure). After an hour the sun got way to hot for pool sitting and I wanted to explore so I found Ian and off we went to explore the strip. I could go into detail but I don't really remember how everything went and I'm sure you aren't interested in a play-by-play. So instead here are a few highlights:

Fremont Street on Day 1


The strip on day 2


Ian's post gelato sillyness (a rare moment indeed)


Waiting for O to start (Aww) - ps: this was UNBELIEVABLE! Just sayin


Me and my new best friend


Treat for Ian


Treat for Jen


Ian in the Venetian


Fantastic dinner at the Bellagio hotel on the last evening :(


Our last meal in Vegas


more to come about this :)

24 days to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment