Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Day 2 of Wedding Week

Now that Heather had arrived it was time for the bachelorette party, something I had been looking forward to for a long time. I didn't know anything about the plan except that we would be going downtown Vancouver.

Heather had stayed with me at my parents house the night before because we had gotten in so late and we had planned on spending the whole day together so it just made sense.

The day started early because my sister and her kids were also staying with us (it was a very full house) and they like to get up at the crack of dawn. I introduced Heather to the little ones and of course they took to her right away because there are a lot of things you could call my neices and nephew but shy is not one of them. After introductions were made my dad cooked a breakfast that could feed three armies which was loud and fun, just the way a family breakfast should be in my opinion. After we scarffed down the food Heather and zipped off so I could get my legs waxed - a bride can't be fuzzy!

After we were done I called Ian, (who was now on the mainland) to come meet us for lunch. We had a coupon for ULounge so we decided there was as good a place as any for lunch, plus they had a wicked patio and it was so sunny that a patio was a must. We had so much at lunch chatting and catching up, it was kind of like old times except for the fact that I was days away from marrying Ian rather than seeing him as our sweet little friend.

Lunch was slow. Really really slow. Heather and I needed to go and get ready for the Bachelorette party and it was getting close to crunch time, so we left Ian with the check and dashed off.

I know I promised that the next post would be about the Bachelorette Party itself - but I'm on the ferry and don't have access to the pictures so you will have to wait just a little longer :)



Happily Married for 3 weeks and 3 days!

No comments:

Post a Comment