Friday, November 25, 2011

The First Look

I got word as I was finishing up getting dressed that my groom had arrived and was patiently waiting in the limo. We had decided from the start that we would do a "first look" picture as opposed to doing the traditional not see me until I walk down the isle. We did this for a couple of reasons:
  1. Ian wanted to see me before the ceremony. Truth be told, I wanted to see him too. We both knew that we would be too nervous not to see each other, after being together for 7 years we have become accustomed to being each others rock's.
  2. We wanted to get the family portraits done before the ceremony so that we had lots and lots of time to do pictures after the ceremony.
So after I was dressed and helped down the stairs I was told to stand in the front doorway to my parents house and wait for my Prince.


Ian rounded the corner and I honestly can't tell you how I felt because there are no words. It was probably one of the most magical moments of my life to see him for the first time on our wedding day.


I can't really speak for him but the look on his face kind of says it all.


We had a beautiful private moment which was the perfect way to start our marriage.



Ian brought out a letter that I had written him many years ago that he had kept all this time. I nearly started to bawl right then and there.


And to make sure that the moment wasn't too serious...
In my excitement at seeing Ian for the first time I hugged him a little too tightly and got lipstick on his collar! OOOPS! It was a moment that was fitting to us and looking back on it now, this is a hilarious and gorgeous picture!


A side little note: my parents worked endlessly making the yard and garden gorgeous for this day and it's only featured in these pictures. So please make sure you get a good look because it truly looked amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment