Monday, April 5, 2010

My First Bridal Show

This past weekend was very eventful. There was the Feenstra family reunion for Grama's 79th birthday (for those who don't know Feestra is Ian's mom's side of the family). This was a lot of fun because I have not seen any of the cousin's since the last reuninon four years ago.

Also, I went to my first wedding fair, and since this is a blog about the wedding I am going to tell you ALL about it. I found of about it from Ian. A little bit about why Ian knows about wedding fairs and I don't: since getting engaged Ian has realized that there is a bit of an untapped market in professional lighting for weddings. So he has been in contact with wedding planners and event coordinators marketing one of the companies that he works for, LA Stage Lighting. So was actually exhibiting at this particular fair.

It was on Easter Sunday and my mom and I decided it we went right when it opened we would be able to squeeze it in before needing to get home to cook dinner. So she picked me up and off went went. It was rather pricey to get in but Mom being my mom smiled and payed the lovely girl. Did I mention I have the best mom ever? So in we walked and it became rather obvious that I was the only bride there. So every table we went to they were so happy to see a bride that they were very forth-coming with info (and some free stuff). I put my name down for every contest/draw in the place so who knows maybe something will come of it. We met with a cateror who had dealth with food issues more complicated than Ian and I (shocking I know) and a cake person who my mom and I really liked.

However, the thing that impressed me most was a piece of jewelery that took my breath away. Here is a picture of it (as usual photos don't do it justice):



Yes I know that it's red and that doesn't really go with my theme, but that is a story for another posting.

We said a quick hi to my fiance who was looking bored at the LA Stage Lighting booth and then sat down for the fashion show. The dresses were a little odd for my taste and the models were less than spectauclar but I had a nice time sitting with mom (and Ian who appeared behind us 1/2 way through).

I walked out with a surprising amount of information and felt pleased with what I had seen there. Ian later told me that the total turnout for the day had been very poor and there was a good chance that I might win one of the draws. I guess I will find out soon enough. Fingers crossed everyone, I'm pulling for the custom veil! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment