Sunday, March 20, 2011

With this ring

I meant to post this many moons ago and I apologize for the delay...

You have all (hopefully) seen the pics of my ring. It is fabulous and I love it.

However, I was less impressed when I discovered that I was going to need a custom wedding band. Now before you start calling me a psychotic Bridezilla, I tried to find a stock ring that would fit and NOTHING did. I really mean nothing. Every ring I put on resulted in a large gap between the engagement ring and wedding band that looked down right ridiculous. Seriously, you can even ask Ian.

So we went to see Roberta and as usual she was amazing and put together a design of exactly what I wanted. Which was something simple that fit with my ring, was white gold and didn't look silly. A tall order I know...

A little while later Roberta called me and said that the ring design was ready and we should come by and make sure that it was what we wanted. Since this ring design was on a computer screen and not terribly tangible I was having difficulty "seeing" it. To rectify this problem Ian and I went to the mall to try on a few things that were similar to what Roberta had put together. Turns out this was a bad plan because suddenly I went from wanting a simple plain band to wanting the *sparkle sparkle* of diamonds. Oops.

After we got the price quote on the ring we quickly discovered that the *sparkle sparkle* wasn't going to happen. It was kind of a decision between eating and diamonds, and I really like food. Oh well! That's life - we made the decision that diamonds would be added later for special occasions like kids or anniversaries or "YAY we actually have disposable income" days. So it's all good.

One of the fun things about this process was that I had to give my engagement ring to Roberta for about a month so that the wedding band could be fit directly into the engagement ring. So the month of January (and part of February) I was without my ring. This didn't make Jen happy. So when I got the call that I could pick up my wedding band and my engagement ring I got down the Barclay's as fast as I could. It was totally worth the wait and my ring is perfect!

Okay - lets face it - I'm guessing that maybe 3 people (Hi mom!) have actually taken the time to read this and the rest of you really just want to see pictures. So here you go. It took a while to figure out how to get these so I hope you enjoy them!





No comments:

Post a Comment