Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Some fine looking men

Ian and I have been trying to find time to choose his tux for what feels like months now. But every weekend was filled with one commitment or another. Finally a little over a week ago we found a couple of hours to get this done.

I had done some preliminary looking and decided that we would try Black and Lee first. I had heard some good reviews and had spotted a couple looks that I really liked at a bridal show not that long ago. I knew what I wanted but Ian was the person who had to wear the thing so I thought it would be best to have him weigh in, at least a little.

I'd had an early morning exam that day and a ball practice immediately after so when I got home from those we took off towards the store. We arrived at what seems to be the worst possible time because the store was packed with people. A group of what I assumed to be groomsmen were getting fitted and there were at least 2 couples ahead of us to be served and only two people working. I have to say that these two people were doing a very good job of juggling everything but there was still a lot of standing around.

We looked at all the displayed tuxes and very quickly Ian came to the same conclusion I had (yay!) and all that was left was to choose a vest color and get him sized. I found the two vests that I wanted but I was still undecided if I wanted Ian in the red vest and his men in black or if I wanted Ian in black and his men in red. This is a decision I have been back and forth on many times in the past few months.

Finally it was Ian's turn to get in the change room to figure out what sizes he would need. I showed him the two vests that I liked and asked him which he wanted to wear. He said the red and I thought that was it. Then the sizer vests they had were black and he looked so good with the black jacket and the black vest. I asked him if he wouldn't mind wearing the black and being the wonderful man he is, he agreed without much fuss. Actually there was no fuss. It kinda went like this:

Me: "I've changed my mind, can you wear the black vest?"
Ian: "Sure, whatever"
Me: "Are you sure!?"
Ian: "Yes, I really don't care that much"
Me: "Yay!"

The last thing on the checklist was to sort out the rest of the bridal party and family tuxes. Since we are in Victoria and the rest of our bridal party and family are not we had to tell the lovely girl where everyone was getting fitted. I felt bad for the poor girl, she was running out of room on the form for all the notes we had. This part kind of when like this:

Me: "B is getting fitted in Vancouver, M, M, FoB, FoG are getting fitted in Surrey, D is getting fitted in Port Alberni...."
Her: "Hang on, sorry I'm running out of room to write all this down!"
Me: "Oh and we need to pick all of them up in Surrey"
Her: *after whiting out a lot of stuff "I think I need to re write this order"

All in all it was a successful day and I'm very pleased with result.
(Translation: I got what I wanted)


Here is the tux that Ian will be wearing when we get married:

well kind of, there will be no green involved.

1 comment:

  1. That is why I LOVE Black & Lee, since Chris was in Kelowna he got measured there and his tux got sent to the store in Langley to get picked up with everyone else's. Beauty.

    ReplyDelete