Monday, July 12, 2010

Are you tired of reading about my dress yet?

This past week my Mom and Dad were in vic for a small vacation and it was wonderful to have them here. I managed to see them almost every night after work and spent almost the whole weekend either shopping with them or hanging out at their brand new trailer.

While they were here Mom and I hit a few bridal shops. Here is what was found.

The first shop we hit was "Shades of White" just up from where I am working. The consultant was lovely and very helpful and we shortlisted quite a few gowns. However, after leaving I was feeling a little conflicted and wasn't really excited about any of the gowns. So we decided to keep looking.

The next step was Blush bridal... and WOW!!! I was very impressed... but not in a good way. The dresses were exceptionally expensive while not being very nice, the staff was not terribly helpful and I have never felt fatter then when I tried to get into a drop waist dress and it wouldn't get over my hips. Who orders a drop waist sample dress in a size 6??? Idiots.

After leaving there feeling very disheartened I mentioned that the store where I found the 1st dress for 1/2 price was just around the corner and Mom suggested we stick our noses in there.

I was very impressed again, only this time it was for the right reasons. We just dropped in on the shop keeper and she was kind, helpful and exceptionally fun. Mom and I found 2 dresses that were amazing and very reasonably priced. We left that store feeling excited and couldn't stop talking about dresses the whole way home.

We decided that I need to hit Champagne and Lace one more time to see if they can produce anything else that makes me go "WOW" and then choose a dress. I have a lean at this point but I do want to wait and visit Champagne and Lace one more time. You never know!

Or maybe I should just stop 2nd guessing myself and order the dress that I am leaning towards... well actually if I am being honest - I've pretty much decided on.

On a slightly related note, during a shopping trip with my mom at the mall we were very pleasently surprised when we found an outfit that would be perfect for her on sale for less then $100.00. Not to mention that she looks radiant in it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment