Monday, July 19, 2010

Could it be Fate for Cate?

From the moment that I heard Robynn's voice on my answering machine I knew that the dress that I had chosen was not going to be the dress I married Ian in.

This past weekend was the final trip to Champagne and Lace to see "Alfie" (the dress that was similar to my original dress). I tried "him" on and "he" was amazing. I felt stunning... oh boy. Alfie was everything I wanted in a bridal gown... well at least everything I thought I wanted.

We spent the remainder of the appointment letting Anastasia try on flower girl dresses, I'll post more about that later.

After we left I was in the car and was still torn between Alfie and Cate. Cate is the name I've given to the first dress I tried on. "She" was at Ivory Bridal and it had been quite as while since I had tried "her" on. For those of you who don't remember Cate is the dress that I nixed for being too expensive but was thrown back in the mix when I found her for 1/2 price here on the island.

So I asked my posse, who consisted of Mom, Kathy, Anastasia and Annalyse, if they minded stopping at Ivory Bridal on the way home to have one more "quick" look at Cate. They responded with a "sure", "no problem", "yay" and "goo" respectively. So off we went.

We walked in the door and the lovely girl at the desk told me that I was in luck as they had no appointments at that moment and was more then welcome to not only look at the dress, but try it on. So off I went to put on Cate for the 4th time.

I tried "her" on and felt every bit as special as I did the first time around. We hummed and hawed and saw it with a veil. I told the girl that I needed to go away and sleep on it before I made my final choice. As we walked away from the store my mom turned to me and said,

"Order that dress"

She told me that she had yet to see me react to any dress the way I did to Cate and that I glowed when I put "her" on.

So on Wednesday I will be making a trip to Grad Central to order Cate (for 1/2 the price that I would have paid at Ivory... Score!).

I choose to believe that it was fate that made the manufacturer discontinue my dress, especially since I was told that once a dress gets confirmed with a manufacturer it NEVER gets discontinued. I think that I had made the wrong decision and the gods on wedding dresses were telling me to choose Cate, the very first wedding dress I tried on. Lets just hope I get "her" ordered before "she" gets discontinued too!

No comments:

Post a Comment