Sunday, August 22, 2010

Are you serious? We have a photographer?!?

Ian was very persistent about finding just the right photographer, for what I think are obvious reasons. I was also feeling very strongly about finding just the right photographer, I didn't want someone who was too "arty" or took too many of the same style shot or any of the other cheesey wedding photo things that make me want to vomit.

Here is the thing about the wedding photographers that meet the above description... they cost: an arm, a leg and your first born child. Ian and I decided that we wanted to keep our first born so we wanted someone a little more affordable. We looked and looked and looked. I looked at so many websites for photographers that I actually got tired of looking at other peoples wedding photos. Shocker! I know.

It was getting to the point where we thought that we would either have to give up our first born or we would have some horrible cheesy wedding pictures. Then one night, Ian and I went on a blitz through flickr. We went so many photos our heads began to spin and then a glimmer of hope. Some photographs that were pretty, well composed and not cheesey. Ian hunts out a website and suddenly after a look at the investment section we realize that this woman might actually work.


The contract has arrived and as soon as we get new toner I'll have it signed and sent back with a deposit.

An added bonus - there is a complimentary engagement session = more great pics of Ian and I. Something that we are seriously lacking even though we've been together for almost 7 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment