Sunday, August 8, 2010

Life Changes

This past week there have been a few changes with Ian and I.

First - as of August 1st Ian and I have been living together for 1 year and are officially Common Law... Sorry Ian, you're hooked! haha

Second - saving for the wedding and honeymoon has put a bit of stress on the fiances so Ian and I have been trying to find ways to cut and slash the budget. One of the ideas that got put forward was moving into a smaller (and thus cheaper) apartment. One such apartment happened to be available in our building so we made an appointment today to go and look at it. We decided that it was going to be way too small for us, we have a lot of junk. Our building manager asked if we wanted to see the 2 bedroom on the 4th floor that was open. Of course out of sheer curiosity we said yes. Ian really liked it and even though I wasn't sure, a good ol' pro/con list convinced me that a move to the 4th floor was a good idea. A quick phone call later I was filling out paperwork as Ian was taking measurements of our new place.

A few perks that we will get in the new place:
1. A balcony that we can actually use
2. Security and privacy that comes along with NOT being on the ground floor
3. The ability to leave our bedroom windows open at night
4. $20.00/month cheaper rent
5. A walk in closet in the bedroom

So now I'm tackling, wedding plans (latest things are a timeline for the day, registry organization, flowers, invitations, photography...), a move, and showing the apartment... oh boy! Maybe it's good thing that my temp agency has been MIA.

1 comment:

  1. good grief! you are planning your timeline for the day already? Well I guess the more you get out of the way now the less you will have to do the night before... smarty pants!

    ReplyDelete