Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Mainland Adventures

I went to the mainland for my softball provincials a week ago which were a big fat flop. We lost four straight games... oh well. But that meant that Sunday wasn't going to be spent sweating it out on the ball field.

Since I wasn't going to be playing I decided to spend the time on wedding stuff.

Ian and I have been fighting over the center pieces since we got engaged and by fighting I don't really mean fighting but disagreeing. I wanted bird cages and he wanted Chihuly style blown glass. We compromised by not doing either! It wasn't that I was against the blown glass but I was fairly certain that it was beyond our budget.

So Mom and I ventured out to Ikea to look at alternatives that we could both agree on. We also were looking for a few other things and I wanted to venture into Bed Bath and Beyond to secure the registry stuff.

Ikea was very very successful, we picked up some options for center pieces (don't worry it won't be a bookcase). And then to Bed Bath and Beyond where Mom and I ran around scanning like mad to get things sorted for the registry.

The following day I went to a dollar store and picked up the last few elements to put together my sample center pieces. I really like them and now it's just a matter of selling Ian on the idea. Wish me luck!

Oh and by the way... I changed my mind a third time on the china pattern. It's now (and will be forever) Mikasa's Cocoa Blossom.


1 comment:

  1. Check them out, they were decently priced (although I have no idea what you have up your sleeve for centrepeices):
    http://www.classicpartyrentals.ca/index.htm

    ReplyDelete