Monday, August 30, 2010

SUCCESS!

This past weekend was venturing BACK into bridal shops to shop for bridesmaid dresses. The first stop was Everything but the Groom in Langley. After choosing a large supply of dresses I got to take a seat with the note pad while my girls tried on dress after dress after dress.

I've decided that watching people try on dresses is very amusing, especially when the person you are watching is the tiny Sydney who is trying on dresses that are a size 12. That was comical. After much swatch looking and humming and debating we narrowed the field to two which everyone liked equally.

I had planned on using Bryan's Bridal as a backup in case we didn't find anything we liked. Everyone was looking at me to see if we were actually going out there considering how successful the first stop was. I felt very guilty but wanted to make sure we had the right dress so I asked if we didn't mind a trip to Burnaby. Being the wonderful friends and family my crew is they all said no problem and we were on our way.

One map book and a traffic jam later.... we arrived at Brentwood mall.

The girl looking bored at the desk at Bryan's Bridal said they were short staffed and we would be looking after ourselves. I was actually kind of pleased because the bored looking girl appeared to be a bit surly. We tried on a few more and it still came down to two - one that we'd seen at Everything but the Groom and a new one. Again both sides seemed equally pleased with both dresses.

I said I would ponder and get back - I am leaning towards one at the moment but haven't made my final decision. I will post a picture of the dress when I have made it. I promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment