Monday, January 10, 2011

My last Christmas as a "Vaness"

After I handed in my last exam on July 17 I was free to enjoy the Christmas holidays. Hazaa!! By the 19th I was on a ferry home and enjoying some much needed R&R at Hotel Mom and Dad. Ian was still working but he had the week after Christmas off so we decided to spend that together.

Our Christmas was somewhat hectic because Ian and I are at the phase of our lives where we go to everyone else. Christmas Eve after I picked Ian up from the ferry we went to his parents house for dinner with Ian's parents, Grama and the Maedel family. The next day was early morning presents with Ian's parents followed by more presents with my parents and then Christmas Brunch. Ian squeezed in a could visits with friends while I relaxed with the women in my family (all the men had disappeared for naps).

After Christmas dinner and a female victory in a Men v/s Women Cranium and a much needed good nights sleep we were off again. This time to Port Alberni for Christmas: Round 3 at the Reddick household and dinner in Cherry Creek.

Finally the next day was Cade's 5th birthday with more celebrations and fun ending with Ian and I getting a ride to Nanaimo and then driving home. We were very glad to get home but the whole four days were amazing fun.

So Ian and I have had our eye on a certain kitchen appliance for some years but it has always been out of reach for us. We put it on the registry because "you never know" figuring nobody would buy it for us and we told people that an easy Christmas present would be to purchase something off one of our registries.

Well under one of the three trees this year was that very appliance. The famous kitchen aid mixer in RED!!. Needless to say we were VERY excited!!!!
We were also surprised by fantastic spice rack that I thought was just the rack and the bottles when I registered, but was actually filled with a huge range of spices! Thanks so much everybody!!

With all this new cooking paraphernalia I was inspired to get into the kitchen. However because of the size our new mixer it didn't fit in the car the first time. It had to stay on the mainland until this past weekend. haha! So now it's home and because it doesn't fit in any of our cupboards it's new home is on top of the fridge which is fine by me because it's so darn pretty!
And for your viewing pleasure I really like this pic of me and Ian on Christmas morning - I think it's cute!

2 comments:

  1. July 17th? You are hillarious :) and I registered for that very item and sadly never got it, AND you are the 2nd person to tell me they got that red mixer for Christmas... Ahhh the sadness for me. So are you mailing me cookies? (or something else made with your mixer & spices?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. doh! I meant Dec - apparently my mind is already in July!

    ReplyDelete