Sunday, January 2, 2011

Sad Face

This past week Ian has been off work and I have been off school. Together we have had the most wonderful "stay-cation", we have played games, cleaned up our apartment, cooked and just relaxed. It has been blissful.

One of things we did one day was go and visit Roberta at Barclay's to finally get the ball rolling on the wedding bands. Since my engagement ring is so unique a generic band was out of the question. I tried many on and not one looked good. My engagement ring is a really unique shape and all of the normal bands produced a massive gap between the rings that looked really stupid.

So because my ring is so unique and I want the wedding band to fit the ring I had to leave my engagement ring with Roberta so she could construct a wedding band. I also didn't get a loner ring this time because she has to hang on to it until... FEBRUARY! I am really rather sad about that. So I busted out the ring that Ian gave me for Christmas a few years ago just so I had something to wear on that finger but it just doesn't have the same weight and it makes me sad. I can't wait to have my ring back.

No comments:

Post a Comment