Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Something Borrowed and Something Blue

Hopefully you remember my first post on this subject, "Something Old, Something New..." because this is the continuation.

So first things first, my something borrowed. I am very blessed to have a wonderful sister and a wonderful sister-in-law-to-be (wow that's a lot of hyphens!) who both have been married. So I thought it would be a nice touch to have a something borrowed from each of them.

My older sister had this amazing veil that goes so perfectly with my dress, I don't have a photo of it but I can tell you it's fantastic!

My sister-in-law-to-be generously offered me her tiara that she got all the way from the Tower of London for her wedding. This one I have a picture of:


Isn't it amazing?!

I am so happy that it worked out for me to have something from each of them and the whole look together is going to be amazing. Added bonus, both of those pieces would have cost a fortune so borrowing them is saving me a bundle!

Now think back to my last post. I had asked for opinions on garters and got some great responses. Yet after looking at my choices again I just wasn't sold so I did a bit more looking. I came across http://mygarter.com/ and was totally excited to literally piece together the exact garter that I wanted. They even have this nifty thing called the garter design center where you can see what your garter is going to look like. I finalized my order and it finally arrived a couple weeks ago and I couldn't be happier!



Please note: these pictures don't do the items justice. I'm no Ian with a camera... sorry

2 comments:

  1. love the tiara pic! Looks very royal! haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Guess some of Ian's talent has rubbed off :) haha

    ReplyDelete