Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Dress Update

The past could of days have been dedicated to finding the perfect dress. I went to Ruby's in Surrey and was not terribly impressed with the consultant that was there.

We walked in and she was busy with another customer but instead of saying, "I'll be right with you," she completely ignored us. When she finally acknowledged our presence, she pushed her opinions on me a bit too much. The good news is that the two dresses I found there I can easily get somewhere else.

I'm now down to 4 dresses that I am in love with and it's a matter of choosing JUST the right one. My mom says that there is no "wrong" choice and that if I choose any one of them it would be perfect. I am inclined to agree with her because I felt like a bride in all 4 of the dresses and they are all incredible.

I found one dress that I loved, but it had one flaw. Box pleats, which I discovered are not a girls best friend. However, I was pleased to find out that the designer who created the dress also created many others that were very similar which did not have the nasty box pleats.

The past couple of days have been dedicated to finding a sample of these dresses to try on, I refuse to buy a dress sight unseen.

Yesterday I was accompanied by Kristy to Luz Bridal in Victoria and while they were lovely the dresses they had in stock were not quite as spectacular as I want. There were 2 that I really liked but thinking back, I liked the ones on the mainland more. I also failed at finding the similar dress that I was after. Today I will be calling Sapphire Bridal to see if they stock the dress that I am after, if they do not then I will have to expand my search to the mainland where I will be calling Champagne and Lace.

Other then that, this past weekend my mom and I visited the Scottish Cultural Center and were pleasantly surprised. The caretaker was very helpful and it ticked a lot of boxes. I want to wait until Ian sees it but I am feeling cautiously optimistic. We may be able to pull off the wedding we want after all.

2 comments:

  1. yeah... box pleats are tricky. Probably good if you are a curveless stick.
    The first dress I tried on was at Ruby bridal. I almost got it (now I'm glad I didnt) and we went back there to look at bridesmaid dresses but they did have TERRIBLE service, and I wonder if we had the same pushy lady. The only place that was worse was that place in guildford the name of which I cant remember right now. It was full of girls trying on grad dresses and I basically did self-serve dress shopping with help from my mom & KT.
    You still have lots of time to decide on your dress at least :) Hope the venue hunt is successful soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think i know which shop you mean in guilford haha i'm pretty sure looked there for my grad dress once upon a time. I seem to remember it being the same thing - self serve.

    ReplyDelete