Sunday, October 10, 2010

2nd of the 5

In highschool I had a small group of friends that got dubbed "the five" after we spent a summer hopping from house to house so that we didn't have to be apart. Back then we always used to ponder (as most teenage girls do) who would get married first, who our husbands would be and what our lives would be like. I was dubbed to be the first married and the soccer mom. I'm also pretty sure that I envisioned myself married to David Boreanaz (then: Angel on"Buffy the Vampire Slayer", now: that guys that's on "Bones") and although my tastes have matured since the age of 14, I must say, he's still pretty easy on the eyes.

Anyway the point of this story is that in a couple of weeks the 2nd of "the five" is getting married (on my birthday, which I think is pretty cool). This made me think back to the days of highschool and day dreaming and marvel at how different life is from what we expected.

The first of "the five" to get married, tied the knot a couple of years ago and is now that proud mommy of a sweet little boy who is due to turn one in a month. Now the thing about this is she was the member of our group that always marched to the beat of her own drummer. Her first words were "new shoes" and she was always proud of the fact that she had green hair at the age of 5. She was also known for having the best legs of the group from her years of playing ice hockey. (note to self - go ice skating... good for thighs) She swore that she would get married three times and for the 2nd wedding she would wear this amazing red gown that hung in her mother's closet. It now seems that he first marriage might stick... so I guess that plan isn't going to pan out. I have to say that part of me was surprised that she has chose such a "normal" life. But at the same time she still has that wonderful streak that made her who she was.

It actually turns out that I will be the 4th one of "the five" to get married and I would say that I am far from being a "soccer mom" - though I would give it ten years before making the final judgement on that one.

I would happily post a picture of the five on this posting but our scanner crapped out on us as we were trying to scan my transcripts last week (that was fun), so.... sorry! I guess you'll just have to do with a picture of my 14 year old self's future husband.

Yup - still easy on the eyes.

4 comments:

  1. Whoa whoa whoa! Back that train up, does that mean there's a date set for Jade?
    And also, my hair was blue :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry dude - and yes she's getting married on July 9, or at least that's what I've heard through the grape vine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. well on july 9th I'm busy... right?

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'm hoping to do the shower that day so... it's up to you love!

    ReplyDelete