Sunday, October 31, 2010

Told you so mom!

This past week I applied to graduate from UVic (woooohooo!!) and it got me thinking to the last time that I wore a cap and gown. Then attending a wedding of one of my highschool friends pushed me into reminisce mode even more.

As I've mentioned before Ian and I met in highschool thanks to the lovely Heather in my grade 11 year. By the time the end of grade 12 rolled around Heather, Ian and I had become sort of a package deal, you wanted one of us, you tended to get all three. So when it came time for our grad it was given that Ian had to be there. At the time Heather was dating someone and I was single so it was a no-brainer that I would take Ian as my date. I waltzed up to him in the theater one afternoon and I grabbed him by the arm and said, "you get to be my date to grad, you need a tux and a ticket." Ian didn't even bat an eye. He said, "okie," in that fantastic Ian way and that was that.

I went home that afternoon and was standing in my kitchen yapping with my mom which is something that would become a ritual for us as I got older. I told her that I was bringing Ian to grad with me and she was quite thrilled. Especially since my choice of boys earlier in the year had been... well we won't go there...

She told me that she really liked Ian and she thought he was great and I replied by saying, "me too, you know what Mom? I'm going to marry that boy one day."

I love this part.... Told you so mom!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment