Sunday, January 15, 2012

Round 2 - Cadence Fitness

I had originally planned on going to Cadence Fitness last week but a personal issue prevented me from doing so.  Thus today was Aerial Yoga at Cadence Fitness in Langford. 

This was an interesting and fiercely difficult experience.  I'm not sure that I would do it again but that's not because it wasn't a great workout, it was mostly because hanging upside down doesn't really agree with me. 

We started out the class with simply putting our hands in the silk and stretching, it quickly progressed to wrapping our wrists and pulling our bodies up from the floor and holding a plank only to move into putting our feet in the silk and planking from there. 

Then it came time for an inversion.  We put ourselves upside town and did situps from there.  OOOH boy they were brutal BRUTAL - no chance at using momentum, muscle strength ONLY! 

Finally the part I was waiting for.  The relaxation - we put ourselves into the silks like a giant cocoon.  It was fun!  I would love one of those things in my house for napping because I was a hair away from falling asleep in my cocoon! 

I would defiantly recommend Cadence Fitness, the instructor was great and it was a really nice facility with a great list of classes that you really can't find anywhere else in Victoria but I'm not sure that I will do the Aerial Yoga again.  My head is still rushing! 

Next up...?  Not sure, you will just have to wait and see

No comments:

Post a Comment