Thursday, January 5, 2012

Wheel of Fitness - Round 1

Today was Kula Yoga studio's Yin Spa class.  It was a great introduction back to yoga as it has been a while since I practiced.  I thought something called "spa" would be great and it turns out I was right!  The class as very small which it turned out was a very good thing.  The instructor said from the beginning that we needed to be comfortable and she was always ready with a ball or a block to help make the pose more comfortable.  This was especially handy because each pose was held for a about 5 minutes.  It may seem like a lot but it really felt great.  I have a lot of problems with my hips stemming from my days as a dancer so holding these stretches for so long felt wonderful.  I walked away from that class feeling better than I have in weeks! It defiantly wasn't your typical yoga class, not a single sun salutation in sight. 

It is almost too bad that the wheel only allows one class per studio because I would very much like to return and try something else there.  I noticed some harness looking things hanging from the ceiling that looked intriguing.  I think I might be back.  

The last 5 minutes were my favourite (they usually are).  The relaxation was more like guided mediation than a relaxation, she put a bean bag over our eyes and a pillow under our knees and sprayed what I think was lavender over us She then proceeded to guide us to a very quiet and tranquil place.  I was very reluctant to get up at the end.  

Defiantly worth another visit I think. 

Next up: Cadence Fitness for Aerial Yoga! 

No comments:

Post a Comment