Saturday, March 27, 2010

The Awkward Stage

I have a confession to make. 3 weeks prior to our trip to Tofino I really needed a hair cut. However I was secretly praying that Ian would propose. If he did I knew I would want to grow my hair out (for the wedding of course). I was convinced that if I cut my hair he would for sure propose because, then take that much longer to get some length back but, I was scared that if I didn't cut my hair he wouldn't and I would have to spend 3 weeks with awful hair for nothing.

I decided to take a risk and boy am I glad that I did. That being said it's been nearly a month since Ian proposed and my hair is now at the infamous "awkward" phase. That phase where your hair is too long to be considered a pixie cut anymore but not long enough to do anything with. So it just sits there being awkward.

I've spent most of the evening looking at websites dedicated to dealing with the awkward stage, any suggestions from those who have grown their hair from a pixie to something a little longer? I've mastered the "softball" hair with the "du-rag" or handkerchief. But that look isn't really suitable off the field. I've tried hair bands but I've discovered my head is a strange shape that doesn't like headbands... they run away. Besides my mop is still a little bit short for them. Ian suggested I try extensions, this was mostly because he is fond of my short hair and doesn't want me to grow it out. I told him unless he wanted to fork over $500.00 (at least) for them then I would be more than happy to do that. He quickly agreed with me that the natural way was a better option.

So I am open to any ideas that any of you readers have (hee hee I have readers).

2 comments:

  1. Its times like these its very sad your hair doesn't like being curly.
    Maybe you could find a way to cut/trim it into a not so awkward shape?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I pondered that... but everything I keep reading says DO NOT CUT, so I think I'm going to wait it out.

    ReplyDelete