Friday, March 12, 2010

Lions and Tigers and Bears... and Penguins?



I've officially started the hunt for the attire. I'm trying really hard not to look to hard at Bridal gowns because the one thing I learned from watching my sister do this was that you don't really know until you put it on. So I want to wait and go into the shops with an open mind. But that being said I can look at bridesmaids, flower-girl and mother of the bride attire.

As mentioned previously I have found a make of bridesmaid dresses that I am liking. I really want the girls who are going to be my bridesmaids to be my friends after I get married so of course I want their opinions on their dresses. I emailed them the website and asked them to give me an opinion on what they saw.

One of my lovely bridesmaids replied back that she happily wear a mumu if I asked but respectfully asked that I not put her in this number:
(the shorter one) for the simple reason of her safety. I thought it would be cute watching my bridesmaids waddle the aisle like penguins and then had the brilliant idea of a penguin themed ceremony. At that point I had a really good laugh. Although one has to admit our nephews in little penguin suits with tails waddling down the aisle would be really really cute.

One of my bridesmaids got really excited about the idea asking if she could wear her penguin toque. Ian also got really excited about the idea of having a top hat.

FOOTNOTE: I'm not actually serious about the penguin theme but I read somewhere that getting through a wedding with grace and dignity requires a sense of humor. I like to think that I'm doing pretty good so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment