Monday, March 29, 2010

Operation "Not Fat" Bride... day 3 (465 days to go)

I'm off with a roaring start! Well in all fairness it has only been three days but I'm feeling pretty good. Saturday was softball practice and Sunday was 10 minutes of climbing the stairs in my building over and over and a visit to the gym. Monday was another gym visit.

My trips to the gym have been rather humbling. I realized how incredibly out of shape I am. It's a good thing I have 465 days to go before I walk down the aisle. And for those who are wondering I didn't count, I found a website that does countdowns.

My only vice seems to be the late night snacking. Ian has been very supportive of this, even given the fact that he is on mainland right now. I'm hatching plans on how to eat more during the day and give up the late night snacking. We'll see how that goes.

I had planned on starting today but this morning I noticed a severe lack of food in my fridge so a trip to the grocery store is required before I can put my plan into action.


3 comments:

  1. One thing that really helps me from having bad snacks before bed is fruit. I really looove Oranges so I try to keep a bag in the fridge. When I have a late night craving for something, which happens more often than not, I'll head downstairs to the kitchen. When looking through the piles of chips, cookies, ice cream, ect. I remind myself of the oranges and will easily substitute the junk for a nice juicy orange instead.

    I learnt this from my dad when he started dieting and it works pretty well for me. You just need a fruit or something that's healthy that you really enjoy and then make sure you keep it around the house. I mean you can't feel that guilty about eating an orange before bed.... mmm mmm vitamin C!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks dude! I've been enjoying tomatoes a lot recently. mmmm tomatoes

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey babes;

    I think the key is to figure out what it is you want (salty, sweet, something else) and find a healthy substitute rather than not eating anything. I guess if you 2 are gonna be all healthy and slim, I'd better start going to yoga again so I don't look like a little fat child standing between you. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete