Saturday, March 13, 2010

Here a ring, there a ring, everywhere a ring ring!

Ian and I were looking at wedding bands last night and it made me want to know more about my engagement ring. So Ian dug through his emails and showed me the progression of how my ring came to be.

He started emailing Roberta (his lovely ring designer) in December and one afternoon right before Christmas he met with her for a couple of hours to hammer out a design for me. He told me that he was shopping for a Christmas present for his mom. Liar :).

This is what came of it:


Over the next couple of months Ian and Roberta exchanged numerous numerous emails. Ian watched from the mainland as my ring took shape starting with this:



And then after a few more emails looked more like this:


Finally the final ring was decided on and Roberta went to work. Poor Ian was at this point second guessing himself and freaking out that he had it wrong. I have since reassured Ian that this ring is perfect and I love it. A little fact that makes me laugh no end I feel that I must point out is that the inspiration for the shape of my ring came from this K-Mart necklace:



Ian suggested I buy this and have a matching set. I'm thinking that's a pretty good idea.

I still need to get my ring sized but I am avoiding it because I don't like taking it off my finger, it feels wrong somehow. But I am looking forward to meeting Roberta in person and thanking her for putting so much love into my ring.

1 comment:

  1. Another good source for BM dresses is RW&Co.... their Spring/Summer line should be coming out shortly.
    Also, I think penguin suits is a great idea, although, could they be super-penguins?!

    ReplyDelete