Tuesday, March 9, 2010

The story of us

Ian has always said that the way we met is kind of dull. I always disagreed because it's not just a mutual friend, or a party or eharmony.com.

I took Chemistry 11 in the spring of my grade 11 year and happen to sit next to this very small and very lively person named Heather. We quickly bonded over the sparkly stoichiometry dance and a hatred for our teacher. One day midway through April as we were leaving class she grabbed my by the arm and told me to follow her. At that point I discovered that she moves very quickly for such a small person.

She dragged me through the school to the "french wing" or a set of 3 classrooms in the corner of the school. She finally came to a stop just outside one such classroom and waited and didn't really say anything. Finally this very tall, very blonde and very shy looking person came out and she lunged at him.

"Favourite person #1 meet favourite person #2."

From that point forward the three of us became a unit and to this day (nearly 8 years later) the three of us still remain very close. Thus the conflict as to who's attendant Heather will be at the wedding. We've since sorted that out. Stay tuned.

1 comment:

  1. Very sweet, sister-to-be! So pleased for you!
    I was thinking if it's going to be in Van.. one suggestion is hiring Amber's brother's band: TANGA.... FABULOUS! Cuban-Salsa dance-your-heart out kind of deal.

    ReplyDelete