Thursday, March 11, 2010

Mouth-guards and Bridesmaids

Today has been a fairly wedding light day. I feel like I am at a wall until Ian and I set a date. I'm still waiting on Ian for that one.

For those of you who know me well you will know that softball is one of the other loves of my life. Recently I discovered a league in Victoria (Victoria Women's Fastpitch League) and got in contact with them in January. A few emails later I was matched with a team called Storm that is coached by a vivacious woman who loves softball the same way that I do. Those of you who have known me long enough may see the hilarity in the name of the team. Those of you who are newer to my life I can honestly say it's probably not that funny.

This coming weekend is our first practice and as much as I am a bit nervous I am even more excited. So this afternoon has been dedicated to replenishing my softball stock. After purchasing new sliders, mouth-guard and socks later I felt almost ready to brave the field again.

The one weddingy thing I did today was drop into my local bridal shop to scope out a particular make of bridesmaid dresses that have caught my eye. I wondered into the shop and it took all of my will power not to go straight to the wall of white. There is a time and place for everything and being without my mom and sister, today was not the time or the place for wedding dresses. However my mission for getting a better look at the bridesmaids dresses was very successful. I'm not totally sold on them yet, only time (and a lot of looking) will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment