Monday, March 15, 2010

The Date is Set!... sort of

In the initial discussion of when we should actually get married Ian and I had a few different ideas. I wanted to do it while I was NOT in school so it didn't interfere with studying too much. Ian wanted to do it as soon as possible. There was also the issue of summer weddings being more expensive. Ideally we wanted to do it in the summer of 2011 but we thought that it would be cheaper to try for a fall wedding. However we didn't want to do it too far into the fall in case Ian or I decided to return to school. SO... the thought was September if it's cheaper or July/August if September wasn't any cheaper.

At this point we were stuck until we did a bit of research. That research has since come and gone and we determined that getting married in September was not going to save us anything. SO, summer wedding it is. Ian suggested the middle of July (July 16 to be exact) and I thought sure!

Fast forward to Saturday and my first meeting with my new ball team and the dates for Provincial finals... the end of July. Which means that they could conflict with the wedding in 2011, hmmm I would hate to have to decide between provincial finals and my wedding. So I egged Ian into going one week earlier. Just to be safe.

SO banking on our chosen venue being available we have set our date to be July 9, 2011. YAY!


FOOTNOTE: Ian has been emailing venues to see about availability as well as the technical requirements that he needs to make his reception vision a reality. Things like available power, rigging etc. The emails he has received back have been catering menus. Poor Ian.

1 comment: