Friday, March 26, 2010

Operation "Not Fat" Bride

Okay we all knew this was coming. I like to think that I'm not a "Fat" person but many will agree I'm hardly skinny. However in the spirit of good body image and all that I am going to try and consider myself in the most positive light possible. That being said... I would like to rid myself of the random lumpy bits that have appeared since my days as a 11 hour a week dancer and year round softball player.

Here is my dilemma. I love food too much so diets SO don't work. I'm lazy and exercise plans usually last about... oh a week, if that. So I've hatched a plan to keep myself honest. I will be relying on Ian a lot for this and after a phone conversation last night (where he assured me that he was quite fond of the way I looked, don't worry) he assured me that he would do his best to help me. Although he was not impressed by the end of our late night snack runs.

I emailed my two closest island friends Shay and Mei and realized that they are members of the gym across the street from me. I really have no excuse not to join. It's reasonability priced, there is no contract, it's across the street and I have two work out buddies. So today on my way home from school I signed up. Then this afternoon I am going to be putting a gym calendar on the fridge - not a schedule, but a log of what I have done. I'm hoping that having the incentive of not being allowed to put something on until I've actually done it will help motivate me. Also it might hinder me from those late night snacks if it's on the fridge. Reminding me of my hard work every time I go to open the fridge.

Lastly I've started wearing my pedometer again. Hoping that will help too. Well it can't hurt.

No comments:

Post a Comment