Monday, March 8, 2010

Reactions and Realizations


It's been two days (ish) and things are starting to settle in, I've started to realize that there is going to be a wedding. My wedding. I am going to be someone's wife. I get to go on a honeymoon! I get to buy a wedding dress. If I buy one of those stupid t-shirts with bride written on it in rhinestones I won't be lying. Ian is going to be my husband. Wedding presents! Bridal shower! Wow there is a lot to do. Although I do have to say that I still feel a little bit shocked every time I look at my left hand and see the intense sparkle.

Those who know me well will know I have a slight fetish for office supplies and organization. So within hours of Ian proposing I was already hashing out plans on how I was going to stay organized during the whole wedding plan ordeal.

Today was the shopping trip for that. I started at Bolan's Books (a favourite store of the Chapters variety but in my opinion a much higher standard). I looked at a few pre-packed wedding planners but didn't see anything that I really liked. So I opted for Staples and my own custom done wedding planner.

20 minutes later armed with a new binder (2.5" re-enforced with 4 side pockets), page protectors (for all the little bits and pieces), business card pages and tons of dividers I felt somewhat satisfied that I had a sufficient wedding book. At least for now.



Now that Ian and I have told everyone that we feel needs telling I wish to share with you (whoever it is that is reading this) some of my favourite reactions.

First my sister: a little something you need to know about my sister. If she could get married every day of her life, she would. She lives for weddings. Many many many moons ago we mutually decided that we would be the others maid of honour. Thankfully that is still the case today, it makes life much easier having that decision out of the way without any hurt feelings.

I called her the morning after Ian proposed. I told her that sitting down would be a good idea. Immediately sensing my tone she could tell that something up and it was something big. She kept asking me what was wrong and until she had confirmed that she was indeed sitting I wouldn't say anything. (a little sister must have her fun). Finally she said, "ok I'm sitting what is wrong!" I replied by assuring her that nothing was wrong and that I was engaged. After a sufficiently giddy shriek and a congratulations I hear Blair in that background ask, "Is she pregnant?" I burst out laughing, only he would ask that question.


Next are two of my closest friends: Ian had told pretty much everyone and their monkey that he was going to propose. His excuse was the only person he wanted to tell (me) he couldn't so he told everyone else. That meant that the list of people I got to tell was rather small. Luckily it included my two long time friends Reiko & Kristy. So after the obligatory phone calls to the parents (who already knew in advance), I called both of them. Now, I had teared up when Ian got down on one knee but for the most part I had been pretty tear free. Until I talked to these girls. Both were so excited that they teared up and made me cry. It's so wonderful to have friends like that.

Since pictures are fun, I'm going to attach some more of the engagement pics.









This one was Ian's idea, he thought it would look super nice to have a posed proposal picture with the waves in the background. I thought it was a great idea until...
We got soaked by the massive wave. Damn that water was cold.


Oh and I promise ring pictures soon, I will bat my eyelashes at my fiance this afternoon and see if I can connivence him to take some.

No comments:

Post a Comment